Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Takes my breath away

Patricia Wood's novel, Lottery, has been short listed for the 13th Orange Prize for Fiction - and the first time author is a favourite to win!

This is so exciting... I posted about Patricia's remarkable achievements last year. It was only when I started this blog that I discovered who she was and that her first novel had sold; prior to that I knew of her simply as Orion, one of the regulars over at Miss Snark's blog.

Way to go, Orion! I'm rooting for you!

5 comments:

stephe said...

Wow. Thanks for passing on the news! I'll be watching with bated breath.

Good luck, Orion!

KAREN said...

That's how I knew of her too! Loved Miss Snark :o) I've just ordered Lottery, and can't wait to read it.

kim said...

so cool!

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

It's been on my birthday list since I saw it described as 'uplifting' in the Guardian Review, so I should get to read it in a couple of months. By which time my tbr pile may be a little smaller... I went to check out Patricia's blog, but it looked as if it could contain spoilers, so I'll go back when I've read her book.

wordtryst said...

You're welcome, Stephe. I'm really excited about this. I have a particular fondness for the Orange since I have a particular grouse with the poor showing of women in the other big award lists which seem to be by men for men. Long live the Orange!

Karen, I was a card-carrying Snarkaholic anonymouse!

Kim, yeah!

Zinnia, I haven't read it yet either, but I will. My TBR list is assuming fearsome proportions!