Tuesday 26 June 2007

As if I didn't obsess enough...


Last night I was perusing a blog discussion of timeliness (or rather the dearth thereof) in the publishing industry. One commenter noted that she was still shopping a manuscript although she'd had a verbal offer from a publisher. A verbal offer is pretty much what I have right now - I haven't even received the draft contract yet. The commenter went on to say that last year she had three verbal offers from publishers fall through, so she does not consider a deal done until the contract has been signed.

Whoa! Hello? They make an offer and then... nothing? I'd never even heard of this particular phenomenon.

Jeez. I need a chocolate break. Think I'll have a double serving of that dessert I had last week. Death By Chocolate. I'm gonna go down to the place right now and gorge myself.

Just kidding. I think.

No comments: