Saw this over at Chumplet's and liked it.
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about him/herself.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing ten years ago?
Teaching high school English, raising my son, living higher up this beautiful valley. First novel was complete, an editor at Kensington's Arabesque line had asked me to submit the whole manuscript. I submitted it, too, although it was 10,000 words too short, sans synopsis, and my bio was printed on lovely decorative paper. Yes, folks. I was a nitwit. **hangs head in shame** Needless to say, I never heard back from that editor and it would be three years before the additional chapters got written, by which time I had left my job and was living in another country, and four more years before I got serious about querying.
What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1. Write a post for my writer's group, the Novel Racers.
2. Do some laundry.
3. Call my son and touch base.
4. E-mail a certain Orange-nominated writer to ask her where she got the lovely countdown meter that used to be on her blog.
Yes, today is a holiday (Corpus Christi) so the pressure is off. I should be editing manuscript no. 2, as well. Won't go there.
What are some snacks you enjoy?
1. Fruity yogurt.
2. Anything chocolate, especially After Eight with the minty cream inside.
3. Salmon flavoured cream cheese.
What would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Pay off debts.
2. Invest a tidy sum so I'd have an income for life.
3. Move to Vancouver and buy a lovely house - you can garden there almost year-round.
4. Buy my sister those horses I've been promising her.
5. Support my favourite foundations and charities.
6. Help other people to realize their dreams.
What are three of your bad habits?
1. When I'm stressed by something, I take to my bed.
2. All things chocolate.
What are five places where you have lived?
1. St. Ann's, Trinidad
2. Maraval, Trinidad
3. Diego Martin, Trinidad
4. Florida, USA
5. Grenada, briefly
What are five jobs you have had?
1. English teacher.
2. Accounts clerk at an air cargo company. Didn't stay long enough to take advantage of the 10% air tickets.
3. Administrative assistant.
4. Human resource manager.
5. Is writing a job?
What were the last five books you read?
1. Che Guevara by David Sandison
2. Morality for Beautiful Girls by Alexander McCall Smith
3. Lovers' Hollow by Orna Ross
4 .On Writing by Stephen King (third time)
5. A Visible Darkness by Jonathan King
What’s playing on your iPod right now?
I don't have an iPod, but now that I've seen my sister's iPod Touch I'm sooooo tempted.
I'm not tagging anybody - feel free to do your own.