Saturday 2 February 2008

AQ Shameless Promotions Club


AgentQuery has played a crucial role in my successful agent search. I found them almost by accident late in 2005 while exploring a writing website link sent by my friend Dar in San Diego. The power of the web never fails to amaze me: Dar and I met in 2004 during my brief membership in a Yahoo group - a fangroup for Willem Dafoe groupies! Yep, I have strange tastes; I was obsessed with this actor for years. That was four years, hundreds of e-mails, and lots of fun and support and sharing ago.

But back to AgentQuery. They've got a testimonials page where they shamelessly promote the work of writers who found their agent through the AQ website. I recently sent them my own testimonial; you can read it here - mine is the sixth on the page. I recommend this website with absolutely no reservations - the agent I found was not even listed in Writers Market, which was my resource for the first set of queries I sent out. I'm not knocking WM, but AQ rocks, IMHO.

And it's FREE! You can't get better than that.

9 comments:

Pacha said...

Sounds fantastic Liane! And how wonderfully it has all turned out for you! My only complaint is that we have to wait until September to read your book!

kim said...

Every day I like you more. I love the resources for one, hopefully they are still relevant the day I ever get around to needing them (writing is taking a back seat to the painting and the parenting right now, but I do have desires in that direction -- always have, never done anything about it...yet?).

I think you know what I really love here -- not only did you have a thing about Willem Dafoe, but you joined a group to talk about it.

that makes me happy.

Sandra Cormier said...

Agent Query is a fantastic tool. I'm only sorry I jumped into the pool before my query was ready. No matter, I'll submerge myself whenever my next book is finished.

Kaz Augustin said...

Very cool, Liane. I've always thought of AQ as being a great resource. Not quite ready at the moment but, when I am, I know what site will be on my list. It's nice to hear it worked for you!

Anonymous said...

AgentQuery was your destiny with a little bit of luck.

If I ever decide to write something worth publishing I will remember your advice. It's nice that you are always sharing so openly and this blog is already a great resource for writers.

The Anti-Wife said...

This is a really good tool for writers. Hopefully I'll use it to the fullest some day.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Brilliant, thank you. I shall definately give this a go as I need all the help I can get.

Liane Spicer said...

Pacha, I don't know how I'll survive until September. It's like being pregnant all over again and wondering if the big day will never arrive.

Kim, you make me smile. My kin used to have a great time ridiculing me because of my WD obsession, so I found some people who loved him as much as I did - in some cases even more than I did! I know the parenting is always rewarding, and I love your painting!

Chumplet, they're a great resource. I'd probably still be searching for an agent if I hadn't found them.

Kaz, they mightn't work for everyone, but to date they're the best I've seen.

Akalol, may be more than a little luck! :) Thanks for the kind words. I've gotten so much help from other writers' blogs and websites, the least I can do is pass on whatever I've learned.

Anti-wife, I'm sure you will need it in the near future. Looking forward to that cosy mystery!

You're welcome, Debs.

Unknown said...

Sounds briliant.......