Friday 6 February 2009

For Lisa

Lisa Ratcliffe, a member of the Novel Racers, a UK-based writers' group that I belong to, has passed away. Her courageous, inspiring journey is chronicled on her blog, Hesitant Scribe.

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next." - Gilda Radner (1946-1989)

4 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Lisa will be sorely missed.

Those words by Gilda Radner are wonderful.

Lane Mathias said...

That's a perfect quote.
I think Lisa would whole heartedly agree.
She was quite a girl:-)

Jenny Beattie said...

Those words are lovely. I think Lisa would have loved them.

Unknown said...

Ditto to all of the above.
lx