Wednesday 21 July 2021

New release? After 13 years, 2 publishers and 1 agent...

The Novel

My debut romance novel, Café au Lait, has been around for a while! In 2006, I found a literary agent; in 2007 she sold the book to Dorchester Publishing who, when it was going out of business in 2012, sold the contract to Montlake Romance. The novel became a bestseller in the UK Kindle store, twice making the top 100 in overall rankings as well as going to #1 in sub-categories several times.

Fast forward to 2021. I requested a reversion of rights from Montlake (second time asking) and received it last June. The rights! Are mine! OMG, that feels so good. Which brings me to the real news...

  

After an editorial overhaul and some sweating over finding a cover I can get behind, Café au Lait is back in stores! 🌟 It's available in paperback on Amazon, e-book at all the main e-tailers, and as a trilogy of novellas: A Heated Encounter, A Flaming Attraction, and A Greater Love. The novellas are also available wherever e-books are sold.

Welcome back, my firstborn. May the adventures never stop.




3 comments:

SUSAN J HAMILTON said...

Congratulations on getting your rights back and reissuing your books. My books were bought by Amazon Montlake from Avalon when they closed their doors. I, too, would like to ask for my rights back. Can you tell me who you contacted at Montlake. Wishing you many sales. Susan Ralph (Hamilton)

Liane Spicer said...

Thank you, @Susan J Hamilton! It was great to get those rights back!

Please email me (click or hover over the email link on the profile page here: https://www.blogger.com/profile/05035607144500219524
The email window will open, or if it doesn't, you'll see the email address at the bottom of the screen. I can't type it in here because... you know. The bots start spamming.)

Or, you can inbox me on my Facebook author page (Liane Spicer, Author). Either way I'll send you the contact info for the person at Montlake who handles rights reversion. Hope the process goes smoothly for you.

Liane Spicer said...

Check your inbox on Facebook and your email, Susan. Best of luck with the rights reversion!